Monday, December 04, 2006

Roofers invade!

Today lots of men I didn't know descended upon our home, tearing off the roof and made much banging noises with things called hammers! The pounding nearly drove us dogs all crazy, and not to mention our humans, too. Last March a tornado touched down near my house, and we had lots of damage to the roof. I'm here to tell you, composite roof pieces are not tasty! Lots of it was on the grass after the storm. My older humans have had a wet floor every time it rained, so they are happy the new roof is in the works. But all those strangers on my house! It really makes me uneasy, since its MY job to see that no strangers get on our property. I need a doggy valium! My humans are thinking its a bit odd that the roofers wait until the house and driveway are covered with ice. They have waited for months for a new roof, so what's a few more days until it warms up? My bladder also hates having to stay inside all day while strangers tear up the roof.
That's it today, fuzzy friends.
Slurps,
Miss Stella
ps-I overheard the older female that those hammer-people will come back again tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stella, you will love the new roof. Just take lots of naps while the roofers are there. Or you could supervise and order them around. You know, "roof, roof, roof" when they are goofing off.

The D'Azul Siberians

Stella Louella said...

Good idea, Dazulians! Except they won't let us dogs outside while the hammer people are here. sigh I do aspire to be a foreman, or is it forebitch?
Slurps,
Miss Stella
"Roof, roof, roof!"

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I think that it is "forebitch."

I like "roo roof roof!"

Stella Louella said...

Thanks, Turbo!! I like "forebitch" as a title, too. Slurps, Miss Stella