Friday, December 08, 2006

Bonner Springs Tornado



Pictured here is an authentic Bonner Springs, Kansas tornado. This photo was taken about a mile from our house in 2003 by my owner's aunt. What you don't see is her uncle mowing the lawn. He wasn't worried about the storm, which was moving away from the home. My owner said something about "Darwin's Theory" at work. Last March (2006) another one touched down in a field near our house, and many homes had storm damage from the wind. My humans have a "tornado closet" that is a cement closet with a cement ceiling. But its a small closet and is a bit crowded in there. My old female human makes the kids wear bicycle helmets during the times they run to the shelter because head injuries from flying debris from these storms is common. Fortunately for us dogs, we're in a pretty safe place that is partially underground. Mom worried about that Midnite Snack horse the last March and between 2 storms that hit that day, went out to make sure the horse was OK. Midnite was fine, and inside a loafing shed. The van didn't fare so well, and was hit by softball-sized hail. My human is nuts about that "free range" snack named Midnyte.

My birthday is coming up (Dec. 13). I'll be a whopping 2 years old! I wonder what the humans are planning for my birthday party. I hope its a yummy present.

Slurps,
Miss Stella

4 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Tornados are stupid and scary!

Anonymous said...

Unkey Tubey is right. Tornados are stupid and scary.

Eddie

Anonymous said...

Come to my blog and see my holiday card. I want to wish all of my blog friends a wonderful Christmas! I will be staying with my grandma and grandpa for a while so I won't be blogging much. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Miss Stella. I have posted some new Christmas songs on our blog. And I am feeling much better!! Whatever was wrong seems to be going back to right all by itself.

Eddie