Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Introducing "Bruce"


Since I share my home with 9 heathen huskies, I will introduce them one at a time to you. Today I bring you "Bruce", AKA North Star's The Boss O'Troika. My humans really, really like Bruce Springsteen's music, so that's why they named this heathen "Bruce". They used to have a cute little French Bulldog named "Clarence", named for the E Street Band's member, Clarence Clemons, who plays the saxaphone. Clarence suddenly dropped dead at the age of eight years a couple Januarys back...my humans think he had a massive stroke or heart attack. The little humans were very sad about it, and still talk about him to this day. They miss him. Clarence and Bruce were the best of friends, and would curl up together to sleep (imagine a big husky with a little Frenchie snuggled up to him!) Clarence took great fun in grabbing Bruce's fuzzy pants. He would then hang on til Bruce knocked him off! It was in all good humor.
Bruce, also known as "Brucey", "The Brucenator" and "Fuzzy Butt", is a pretty congenial guy. He was raised in a pack situation, so he has good doggy social skills. My human adores him, and he has big cheeks to grab. (No, not the fuzzy butt cheeks!) He used to show, but he didn't like it. His first show he was RWD and Best Puppy in Breed over several other puppies. But he's a bit timid, so showing wasn't his favorite thing to do. He'd rather be home with the humans!
Bruce kind of ignores me. He thinks I'm a pushy girl.
That's it for me today.
Slurps,
Miss Stella

6 comments:

D'Azul Siberian said...

Hey there Stella, Lisa calls Juarez fuzzy butt too. It must be a siberian thing. We see you have figured out the link deal in blogger, great!! Took our human some time, that one did. Give Bruce a big slurp.

The Dazulians

Anonymous said...

Hi Stella! We're fellow Kansans = just a bit west of you where those purple cats are.
Welcome to blog=dom!
Tail wags from all of us,
Stormy of the Ao4

Stella Louella said...

Thanks, Army of Four! My adult humans both went to the purple cat school, and seem to be quite fond of it. The biggest young human delights in torturing his father about going to the red and blue bird school. His father says if he does, he'll have to live at home during the college years!
Slurps,
Miss Stella

Stella Louella said...

Thanks, D'Azul Fuzzy Butts! ;-) Yes, that HTML link thingy nearly fried my Bully brain. Fortunately, I've nibbled at some HTML books in the past.
Slurps,
Miss Stella

MaPaw said...

Hi Stella, I am just catching up on blogging after helping mama and papa with the eating holiday. Welcome to blogging. I am excited to read about showing since my siblings and I are what mama calls "not to breed standard."
-Magnum

Stella Louella said...

Hi Magnum-
Some of the most fun dogs I know are not up to those humans' ideas of "breed standard"! ;-) Just think, you don't have to go through all those hideous near-drownings humans refer to as "baths". Consider yourself lucky!
Slurps,
Miss Stella