Thursday, February 08, 2007

Back from the Shows

Well, we've come home from another show weekend. My old female human was the "show chairperson" and "show secretary" for the Siberian Fuzzies show on Friday night. She and the oldest human child came back to hotel very late,all pooped out. The rude Civic Center workers started shutting off the halogen lighting on the club during show photos. If I were there, I would have put a stop to that. Grrrrr....... Of course, we had to show early on both Saturday and Sunday...first breed in the ring both days. So, no sleeping in. I LOVED going to the shows! I got to sleep on the floor between two big beds, and even once curled up next to the oldest human on Saturday night. Saturday's show I was the "bridesmaid" again, RWB. Then the Civic Center people were rude again, shutting off lights and locking doors at least a half-hour before the contract said so, and my old female human had to make several phone calls so a couple of puppies an exhibitor had could be fed and walked.
But on Sunday, I got to be WB/BOS for the point! Lisa and I had a grand time showing off and winning the all-purple ribbon this time. I was beginning to be called the "Reserve Queen" at home. I'll post our show photo when it comes in the mail. My female human is not so into dog shows anymore, so she's had enough shows to last a her awhile. I'm glad Lisa and Cecile take me places, or I wouldn't get to go anywhere!
I got to see Cap'n Maverick, but he thought I was out to get his stuffed orange Orangutan. As a matter of fact, I think I would have liked to chew on its head. I loved stuffed animal toys.
Slurps,
Miss Stella

4 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Blogger ate me comment!

How's the General?

Are you coming to Columbia, MO for the show in March? My Human would like to meet you.

Stella Louella said...

Hi Turbo-
I don't know if I'm going to Columbia or not...depends on if Lisa and her mom are going. I'd like to meet your human, too! I've been called a "Love Sponge"...I love to meet humans!

The General is slowly putting on weight. He's getting very spoiled, too, and a bit demanding when brought the senior horse food, which he gets 6 pounds twice a day. He's getting special supplements for his creaky old joints. and vitamins and weight-gain medicine. I hope come June we will have a fat and sleek General! Apparently, its easy to take weight off a horse but hard to put it back on. Humans should have it so rough.
Slurps,
Miss Stella

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrr Stella. Ye be welcome to what toys I got, all but my rang-tang. The Cap'n has a soft spot for his rang-tang and nobody can touch it. I got the rang-tang for my birfday a few years ago.

Cap'N Maverick the Pirate

Stella Louella said...

Drat! Stuffed animals don't live for years around here if the dogs have any say about it. Your Rang-Tang is a very lucky dog toy...!
Slurps,
Miss Stella